Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Here are some fun fall classroom crafts for the younger grades. Instructions are at the links below. I am going to start posting Halloween party plans and game ideas next week.
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Hi Room moms,
You should have met with your teachers by this week. Please consider using volunteerspot.com when you are recruiting volunteers for field trips and parties. Some the classrooms at IHM are already using this site to manage events.http://www.volunteerspot.com/
The Illumination Auction items ideas are due by September 20th! What is your classroom going to do? Here are some ideas and things that have been done in the past. Add your ideas/suggestions in the comments.
- Movie basket: Fill a movie bowl with DVDs, a box or bag of popcorn regular, some movie-size boxes of candy, certificates for free movie rentals, some popular dvds..
- Cooking basket: Fill a large pot with cooking utensils, an apron, a chef's hat, and some baking mixes.
- Family game night basket: with items like Jenga, Scrabble, Apples-to-Apples, and snacks to eat while they are playing.
- A handmade quilt that each child creates a square for. One person needs to make equal squares and and the children can take them home to decorate them. You can ask the kids to use a common theme in their artwork. They can sew a design or use a permanent marker to create their art.
- Handmade note cards. Each child can create a drawing for the front of a notecard. Drawings can be scanned and notecards can be printed. Multiple sets can be created.
- A collaborative painting. Your classroom can work with the art teacher to create a one-of-a-kind collaborative painting that each child contributes to.
- Classroom cookbook – each child contributes a recipe with a picture of them making it.
- Classroom favorite book basket. Each child donates their favorite book and the books are placed in a basket to be auctioned.
- Handmade Christmas ornaments from each child
- Hand painted nativity set
- Memory book – Our class did this in 2nd grade. Each child drew a picture of what they wanted to be when they grew up and it was scanned and placed next to a picture of the child. The photobooks were ordered after people placed orders at the auction and through the classroom.
- Decorated/painted furniture
- Memory box
- Hand painted Thanksgiving platter